Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: ews64xl and miniwave system

  1. #1
    Inactive Member popkick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2000
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm succesfully using the ews64xl and have just added the miniwave system to it. Unfortunately I have no idea how to actually use it, and theres absoluela nothing about it in the manuals. I have disabled the codec and enabled midi 2 (thats the port the wavetable is using, right?) so,

    what do i do to gt sound out of the miniwave?

    thanks,

    johan

  2. #2
    Inactive Member philippz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2000
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Johan,

    bad news: you have to reactivate the codec to use the miniwavesystem. This is beause your miniwavesystem is now receiving MIDI data after you activated the Midi 2 port, but it cannot feed the sound it produces to your EWS 64 because the line out of the wavetable slot is routed into the codec by default.
    Another possibility you have is to build a hardware workaround. But the one I?m using only works if you stop using the analog line outs of the EWS64. If you still want to know more about it, mail me: [email protected]

    Hope I helped you anyway, Philipp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •